Re: [code] [textadept]

From: Victor Blomqvist <vb.att.viblo.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 18:56:49 +0800

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05/02/15 um 09:54 schrieb Victor Blomqvist:
> > Im a first time user and have some questions/feature
> > requests/possible bugs: (Im using textadept 7.8 on OSX 1.9.5)
>
> welcome to Textadept!

Thanks :)

> > 1. Find in Files doesnt work? It doesnt open any file dialog instead
> > it just behaves as normal search.
>
> It should work, when you open the find dialogue you can select "in
> files" or have this activated when you use command-shift-f or the menu.
> Next a dialogue should show up to select the directory, results being
> displayed in a message buffer which you can select to jump to the
> respective files.

The dialog doesnt show. Not with the shortcut, not with the menu. (However,
I can see that the "in files" checkbox is checked in the bottom right
corner)

> > 2. Is it be possible to allow scrolling one page down below the last
> > line in the file? Sort of like a Virtual Linebreak feature.
>
> You can set
> buffer.end_at_last_line = false
> in your .textadept/properties.lua

Thanks, exactly what I wanted. Managed to find how to change the brace
matching symbol but didnt find the proper search term for this.

> More settings which you can overwrite in this file as well can be found
> in Textadept's main properties.lua file, have a look at
> Textadept.app/Contents/Resources/properties.lua
>
> > 3. Is there any plan (or already available somehow) to have a
> > filetree open, a basic version of something like
> >
> http://d26g26mszp4v2i.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/file_tree.png
>
> Kind of.
> There is Mitchell's filebrowser (http://foicica.com/hg/file_browser)
> and Textredux (http://rgieseke.github.io/textredux/) which has recursive
> file open dialogs.
> Both are not permanently open or have symbols though it's certainly
> possible to build something like this for Textadept.

I did a quick test now with textredux and I do like the buffer list and
might continue using it.
However, I dont think it fills this use case, I like the overview I get
from a foldable tree view to see the structure of all files in a project.
When I code in windows using Notepad++ I instead have a file explorer
window open for the same overview, but on mac its not really the same thing
with finder.
At the moment I mostly code go on OSX in Sublime Text with its project tree
view.

> > 4. Is it possible to rearrange the order of open tabs?
>
> This was discussed a couple of times and it's not simple. Personally I
> don't use tabs (most of the time) and use the buffer list in Textredux
> which is sorted by directories, thus showing related files next to each
> other.

I still think it would be a nice feature. Usually its not a big deal, for
example at the moment I have 4 files opened with a [Message Buffer] in the
middle, would be nice to be able to keep that one to the far left / right.
Same with other scratch type buffers I might have.

> Cheers,
> Robert

/Victor