Re: [code] [textadept]

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:22:53 +0100

Hi,

Am 05/02/15 um 14:22 schrieb Mitchell:
[...]
>>> This was discussed a couple of times and it's not simple. Personally I
>>> don't use tabs (most of the time) and use the buffer list in Textredux
>>> which is sorted by directories, thus showing related files next to each
>>> other.
>>>

>> I still think it would be a nice feature. Usually its not a big deal, for
>> example at the moment I have 4 files opened with a [Message Buffer] in the
>> middle, would be nice to be able to keep that one to the far left / right.
>> Same with other scratch type buffers I might have.
>
> It is not possible at the moment and I have no plans to implement it due
> to complexity concerns.

Victor, as a workaround, if you open a message buffer first with
ui.print() before loading any other file it should be the first tab and
stay there between sessions.
You might also look into amending the session save functionality into
putting the Message buffer (or others) at a position where you want it,
see the .textadept/session file.
Also as an alternative I'd recommend assigning a key shortcut to go the
message buffer quickly.