Re: [code] [textadept] Buffer/view properties

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 08:20:52 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

Am 11/02/15 um 18:00 schrieb Mitchell:
[...]
>> As for storing the margins, this would be useful for Textredux,
>> textadept-vi and changing the width for buffers with 10.000s of lines.
>> Not sure if any styles should be stored as well.
>
> I don't think I like the idea of making margin widths and types
> "per-buffer". That would open the door to "why not save all properties
> associated with views, not buffers?"

I can understand this concern, but the problem is that if it's not done
by Textadept then the other modules need to do it themselves (probably
conflicting with each other or each duplicating it) or they need to
agree on an extra-module that needs to be installed before. There were
also your Lua debugger[1] and Quicknav[2] which made use of the margins.
All might conflict with other modules using the margins.

[1] http://foicica.com/wiki/lua-debugger
[2]
https://bitbucket.org/shalabh/textadept-modules/src/4873ccb5a8e1ddeec61f92200c27855575dd1d95/quicknav.lua?at=default