Re: [code] Some advice on textadept programming

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 09:19:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi Carlos,

On Tue, 3 Mar 2015, Carlos Pita wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> thank you very much for your answers and advice!
>
> Just some more related questions (these are for evaluating lua code
> inside textadept):
>
> * Is it possible to get command history in the C-e line command? If
> not, do you think it would be a worthy addition? Why?

I think this would be a worthy addition. I was thinking that since the
command entry is an actual buffer now that pressing enter should insert a
new line, and that you can go through history via scrolling. I haven't
looked into making this happen though.

> * Is it possible to eval a lua selection? If not, do you think it
> would be a worthy addition? Why?

The solution in your later reply is fine. It's not worth adding to the
core since it can be a one-liner in the command entry or bound to a key in
`~/.textadept/init.lua`.