Re: [code] [textadept] segfault on Arch Linux using textadept-curses binary from foicica.com

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 08:59:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Carlos,

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015, Carlos Franke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
>> Please try the latest nightly that I compiled just now for x86_64. It uses
>> ncurses 5.9.
>
> I did. First I noticed that the unpacked directory is called
> "textadept_NIGHTLY_2015-03-16.x86_64", even though we have the 17th. But its
> mtime dates shortly before your last email, so it is probably the right one.
> (Just mentioning this, in case there might have been a mixup.)
>
>> If this does not work, then I think the issue is related to your system's
>> version of ncurses.
>
> Sadly, it doesn't. The backtrace is practically identical to the one before
> (see below).
>
> Are you saying there is a bug in Arch's ncurses-5.9 package, or in ncurses
> 5.9 itself? Or is it just that the binaries from foicica.com not compatible
> with ncurses 5.9?

Thanks for bearing with me, I kept the archive name the same in order to
be consistent with the other nightlies. Yes, you got the right package,
and that package was compiled against ncurses 5.9. Since you're still
experiencing the problem (and I cannot reproduce it on my x86_64 machine
with ncurses 5.9), I believe this is a problem with Arch's ncurses.

Do you have access to another distro? Or can you spin up one in a VM and
see if you experience the same problem? We could confirm this for sure if
you are able to.