Re: [code] keymaps on console

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:25:48 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 12:45:04AM -0700, Joseph McDonald wrote:
> I'm having a problem getting some keys mapped when using textadept in
> the console (using gnome-terminal).
>
> These work fine on the gui version but not console:
>
> keys['c/'] = buffer.undo
> -- ctrl-space, start selection mode:
> keys['c '] = function() _G.buffer.selection_mode = 0 end

I'm using PuTTY, but by enabling some debug in the keypress handler (in
core/keys.lua), it looks like ctrl-/ comes through as "c_", and ctrl-space
as "c@". Do they work for you?

> also, these work on when numlock is on in gui (but not with numlock off)
> and don't work in the console at all:
>
> keys['kp7'] = buffer.document_start
> keys['kp1'] = buffer.document_end

Textadept doesn't currently know about these, though I think it would be
a quick fix - extend the keysyms[] array in textadept.c with the right
values and adjust the "key.code.sym <= TERMKEY_SYM_END" test to match.

Regards,

Chris