[code] [textadept] lfs.dir_foreach and symlinks

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 13:45:40 +0100

Hi,

I want to do something like lfs.dir_foreach, but with the option to somehow
skip symlinked directories. As far as I can see, there's no good way to do
that at the moment.

The closest is returning false from the provided function (which would call
lfs.symlinkattributes)- but that skips the rest of the entries in the same
directory as the symlink rather than just skipping that item (incidentally,
I'm not sure that's exactly what I expected from the documentatin).

My problem would be solved by allowing the function to return some other
value (eg "skip") which meant "don't recurse into this directory, but
continue"; or some extension to the filter table to let me do something
similar (maybe cleaner).

Have I missed a better solution?

Regards,

Chris