Re: [code] keymaps on console

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 22:20:32 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 03:23:35PM -0400, Mitchell wrote:
> If you can compile Textadept, will you please try the attached
> patch? I do not have a keyboard with a keypad in order to test it.
> If it works for you, please let me know and I'll commit it.

In PuTTY on Windows, and pterm (ie PuTTY terminal) on Ubuntu, this sort of
works for me - if I set keys.kpN to a function, it's called. However, if I
don't, I get some strange character inserted: eg KP1 inserts U+FFB1 (HALFWIDTH
HANGUL LETTER MIEUM), so I guess the GDK keycode is just interpreted as a
Unicode codepoint.

In xterm or gnome-terminal, it doesn't work at all. I tried using the termkey
demo program ("make demo" inside src/termkey/), and it never reports KP0-9 on
my laptop (I tried numlock and some modifiers) - I either get home/arrows etc.
or just the digits.

Regards,

Chris