Re: [code] [textadept] Keep a buffer active

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jay,

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015, Jay Young wrote:

> Is there a way to keep the current buffer active when I run the code
> from that buffer? For example, I have 2 buffers showing in a split
> view, some PHP code and then the message buffer. After I run Command-R,
> I'd like the PHP buffer to stay active so I can continue writing code
> there instead of the message buffer becoming active. Is this possible?

This is currently not possible without modifying one of Textadept's core
modules. For the time being, you can remove the "true" argument from this
line[1] of 'modules/textadept/run.lua'.

I'll look into adding a module option that will always allow background
runs.

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/file/574a1482f8c0/modules/textadept/run.lua#l115