Re: [code] [textadept] segfault on Arch Linux using textadept-curses binary from foicica.com

From: Carlos Franke <carlos_franke.att.posteo.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:46:25 +0200

Hi,

> Thanks for the heads up, but that doesn't help me debug it. Maybe
> it's an Arch-specific thing...
I just realised that one of my emails did not reach the mailing list
(my mistake). This is what's missing:

  1. I did one more test with a live distro (Crunchbang, basically
Debian) and could not reproduce the segfault there. So it is definitely
something specific to Arch (and possibly Void).

  2. I am hesitant to report this on the Arch bug tracker. Not only
because I don't completely understand what is going on, but also
because using external binaries is not really considered "The Arch
Way", and compiling textadept from source completely fixes the problem
in my case.

If there is anything else you would like me to try, let me know. There
is no urgency to this, though, at least as far as I am concerned.

Carlos