Re: [code] [scinterm] [patch] deferred curses initialization & build-system integration

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 10:42:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robin,

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015, Robin Haberkorn wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 00:53:54 -0400 (EDT)
> Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>

>> Committed[1] after a little cleanup. Thanks for catching some
>> documentation issues too :)
>>

> Thanks for merging! But why did you omit some of the clarifications in
> the documentation? That is the exact semantics of scintilla_refresh()
> (how it will interact with the rest of curses), scintilla_delete()
> (that it does in fact delete the curses window) and SCI_COLOR_PAIR()
> (which is non-pure since it does not evaluate to a constant expression
> even if you supply constant arguments which is uncommon and dangerous
> for a macro as it hides global state). I found these bits of information
> necessary to write correct programs and ignoring these details was
> actually a source of trouble more than once.

Sorry, it was a bit late last night when I did the merge...

I've added additional documentation for SCI_COLOR_PAIR() and
scintilla_refresh(). I omitted the extra documentation for
scintilla_delete() because the original documentation was incorrect and
the programmer should assume Scinterm cleans up after itself.

On a similar note, by calling scintilla_refresh(), the programmer should
also assume Scinterm repaints/redraws all of its windows; no need to
specify that either.

I omitted the extra C++ mouse method documentation since the C mouse
method already has it.

Thanks for your patience.