RE: [code] [textadept] Run both Python 2 and 3

From: Jay Young <jyng7.att.hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:00:50 -0500

Hi Robert and Mitchell,
I really appreciate your replies, and like all these options you both have shared! I'd like to try adding Mitchell's code in the init.lua file, but admit I don't know much Lua. I'm not sure how to read the first line out of Textadept's active window (buffer?), but assuming this might be heading in the right direction?
   textadept.run.run_commands.python = function() line1 = <getting line 1 from active window?> if string.find(line1, 'python3') then return '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin/python3.4' else return '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python' end end
Thank you both again for your incredible help!
Jay