Re: [code] Samples of compiler & run commands

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 22:31:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Arnel,

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015, Arnel Legaspi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently working on a Go module for Textadept. I've been using the
> language modules available from the Textadept site, as well as Robert
> Gieseke's code, as a quick-and-dirty guide to the editor's API and the Lua
> language.
>
> The repository is on Bitbucket if anyone's interested:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/rcl_/ta-go/
>
> Currently, it can perform basic syntax checks using a built-in tool ('gofmt')
> and a 3rd-party one ('goimports'). Feedback is welcome.
>
> I would like to add compile and run commands/settings to the module. Are
> there any existing TA language modules which contain compile/build/run
> settings which I can use as a guide (and possibly borrow code from)?

Textadept already has the capability built in via [1] and Go commands
already exist. You can change them by doing the following:

   textadept.run.compile_commands.go = '...'
   textadept.run.run_commands.go = '...'

FYI the compile command is 'go build "%f"' and the run command is 'go run
"%f"'.

[1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#_M.Compile.and.Run