Re: [code] [textadept] bug with markdown syntax highlighting

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 23:27:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015, Heck Fy wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Steps to reproduce the bug:
>
> 0. start `textadept` or `textadeptjit` 8.1 x64 stable or nighty build
> from console:
>
> textadept -u /tmp/testa
>
> 1. create new file and select markdown lexer (or open existing md file
> or create new one and save it with md extension)
> 1. write "_" symbol
> 2. notice erors in console:

I've committed a fix for this[1] that will show up in tomorrow's nightly
(12 Aug).

> [snip]
>
> Markdown makes italic words that are surrounded by '_' only. But
> several versions of textadept (7.9 stable, 8.1 stable, 8.1 night) that
> i tested on my x64 Linux system italize everything after '_'.

The syntax highlighter wasn't designed to be a Markdown parser. I left it
that way because a single '_' should be escaped. Having the remainder of
the line in italics helps me detect that. Perhaps this practice is
antiquated and I'm not in touch with Markdown anymore...

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/scintillua/rev/af9384fc1ae5