Re: [code] [textadept] 2 Questions

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:08:37 +0200

Hi Jay

Am 19/08/15 um 20:12 schrieb Jay Young:
> 1. Is it possible to make a small scroll window (similar to what
> appears for auto-completion selections) that shows all the functions
> in the current buffer? And by clicking on one takes you immediately
> to that function?

Textredux has `ctags` functionality, see the last image here
http://rgieseke.github.io/textredux/tour.html

Here's a version that uses a default TA dialog:
https://github.com/rjpcomputing/ta-common/blob/master/ctags.lua

> 2. I don't use tabs at the top of the window (in order to save
> space) in Textadept, but often realize I've selected the wrong buffer
> and start typing in the wrong file. I know you can see the buffer
> name in the title bar, but was wondering if there's a way to make the
> line numbers a different color only in the active buffer?

I use this code in common.highlight to have the active margin a
different background color.

https://github.com/rgieseke/ta-common/blob/master/highlight.lua