Re: [code] [textadept] 2 Questions

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 23:07:48 +0200

Am 19/08/15 um 22:57 schrieb Jay Young:
> Thank you Robert!
>
>>> 2. I don't use tabs at the top of the window (in order to save
>>> space) in Textadept, but often realize I've selected the wrong buffer
>>> and start typing in the wrong file. I know you can see the buffer
>>> name in the title bar, but was wondering if there's a way to make the
>>> line numbers a different color only in the active buffer?
>
>> I use this code in common.highlight to have the active margin a
>> different background color.
>
>> https://github.com/rgieseke/ta-common/blob/master/highlight.lua
>
> I'm still a newbie at this - I'm assuming this highlight.lua file should be
> placed in a particular directory? I'm not sure what common.highlight refers
> to.

It's part of a collection of modifications of TA defaults:

https://github.com/rgieseke/ta-common

The highlight file should work independently of it. Just drop it in your
`.textadept` directory and require it in your `init.lua`

require 'highlight'

You can also just copy and paste it into your `.textadept/init.lua` and
play with the styling options ...