Re: [code] [textadept] 2 Questions

From: Jay Young <jyng7.att.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 22:22:13 +0000

Awesome! Thank you!

Jay

>> I use this code in common.highlight to have the active margin a
>> different background color.
>
>> https://github.com/rgieseke/ta-common/blob/master/highlight.lua
>
> I'm still a newbie at this - I'm assuming this highlight.lua file should be
> placed in a particular directory? I'm not sure what common.highlight refers
> to.

It's part of a collection of modifications of TA defaults:

https://github.com/rgieseke/ta-common

The highlight file should work independently of it. Just drop it in your
`.textadept` directory and require it in your `init.lua`

require 'highlight'

You can also just copy and paste it into your `.textadept/init.lua` and
play with the styling options ...