[code] [textadept] Spell-check poll

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 00:23:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I've been experimenting with compiling hunspell (a spell checking library)
directly into Textadept and think I've got something workable. The only
potential problem is that the textadept executables grow in size by
about 300k from ~850k to ~1.1MB.

My question to you is: is this worth it? Is spell checking something
particularly desirable to justify this size growth? (I'll also need to
bundle a ~600K dictionary file for at least the Windows platform.)

I don't want to use shared libraries or dll's because that complicates
things on the Windows side. I also don't want to support shared linking on
one platform and static linking on another. (Basically if there's any
built-in spellcheck support, it needs to be available out of the box on
all 3 platforms.)

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or other comments. Thanks in
advance.

Note: this will not be in the upcoming 8.2 release.