[code] Proposal: Change to Python/Ruby syntax checking commands

From: <jalespring.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 02:22:07 +0800

Hi Mitchell,

Attached is a change I would like to propose to the Python syntax
checking command and the Ruby syntax error pattern. This change is done
against revision cd5906e1c812.

I noticed the syntax checking process change did not work for some
reason with Python and Ruby files in the new TA version (v8.2 and the
nightly version).

For Python, I initially tried replacing the single quotation marks with
doubles, which partly fixed the issue, but was giving me errors with the
shebang line. Bringing it back to using the 'py_compile' module worked fine.

For Ruby, the new pattern was not taking the source filename into
account. So I just added it.

My current workaround is to set the following in my init.lua:

   textadept.run.syntax_commands.python = [[python -m py_compile "%f"]]
   textadept.run.syntax_error_patterns.ruby = '.+:(%d+):

I hope the change will be considered.

Thanks,
Arnel