Re: [code] [textadept] Snippets refactoring

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 15:12:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Am 19/09/15 um 03:56 schrieb Mitchell:
>> I've committed a change[1] that refactored Textadept's snippet
>> implementation to use indicators instead of placeholder text (all those
>> ugly %()<>[] symbols are now gone!).
>
> that's great! How are the placeholders supposed to look like now? As I
> noticed the changes to the default dark/light themes I was looking into
> whether I need to update the Themes collection but I wasn't sure what
> the default is supposed to look like.
> Would be nice to have them maybe in a roundbox I thought.

In the GUI version, placeholders are outlined in a dotted box (specified
in `properties.lua`); the outline color is a shade of gray that is a
slight offset from the default font color.

The terminal version uses a magenta background color (not ideal, but I
thought it was the best I could do based on existing syntax highlighting
colors).

I hope I understand your question correctly and that this response helps.