[code] [textadept] Incorrect/misleading documentation for spawn()

From: Philipp Brüschweiler <blei42.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 10:56:52 +0000

Hi all,

I would have expected that if a spawn() call fails for some reason, an
error would be raised. What happens instead is that nil is returned with an
error message as a second return value. I guess this is either intended, or
cannot be changed anymore because of backwards compatibility with modules.
But it would be great if the luadoc of that function would mention it.

Slightly off-topic: if the code for textadept was on github or similar I
would just have sent a small pull request instead of sending this email.
Would you prefer us to report simple bugs like this per email, or should we
send patches in some form, or is there even another undocumented procedure
for contributing changes?

Cheers,
Philipp