Re: [code] Question about error: "parser error: Entity 'nbsp' not defined"

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:46:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Russell,

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Russell Dickenson wrote:

> I am editing DocBook XML files and when I use the text "&nbsp;" (a
> non-breaking space), Textadept reports the above error.
>
> The text "&amp;" is considered valid (which is correct) and highlighted as such.
>
> How and where do I correct it so that "&nbsp;" is treated like other entities?

Textadept is silently running the `xmllint` program on XML files. I tried
creating a sample DocBook XML file and using `&nbsp;` in it, but I cannot
reproduce the error. Could you post a minimal example?

You can turn off automatic syntax checking by putting this your
`~/.textadept/init.lua`:

   textadept.run.CHECK_SYNTAX = false