[code] [textadept] Secure download and build

From: <xsek.att.openmailbox.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 15:15:37 +0000

Hi!

I'm using Arch Linux and Textadept from AUR, and latest build of
textadept-curses does not work because libncursesw.so.5 is missing. One
way to make it usable is to symlink libncursesw.so.6, but it is dirty
hack and will probably lead to problems. So the only solution is to
build Textadept from sources.

And there is a problem, two actually. First, your website doesn't have
ssl encryption and gpg signed archives, I can't even find hashsums to
check its integrity. Second, when building external libs are downloaded,
and they are downloaded a) from unreliable and infamous sources like
sourceforge; or b) without ssl encryption too. Sometimes I need to run
editor as root, and call me paranoid, but I find it very insecure with
such building environment.

I like Textadept very much, I tried just every other editor, and it is
the best FMPOV. Could you make it more secure please? :) Or point me to
where I'm wrong with my logic.

Thanks.