Re: [code] [textadept] automatically fill the Find field with selected text for Ctrl-F

From: Gabriel Dubatti <gdubatti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 08:23:59 -0300

Hi David,

     There are a couple of examples in the wiki
(http://foicica.com/wiki/goto-nearest-occurrence) from where I took the
base code for a seach alternative and adjusted to my taste (more like
Ultraedit).

     You can download my version from:
https://github.com/gabdub/ta-tweaks/blob/master/goto_nearest.lua

     The code remember the last searched text even if you change
buffers. But if you prefer to have a different last search in each
buffer, follow the instructions in the top of the file.

     Key bindings:

|* F3 goto nearest occurrence FORWARD * CTRL+F3: goto nearest occurrence
BACKWARD * ALT+F3: goto nearest occurrence CHOOSE SEARCH OPTIONS *
SHIFT+F3: ASK + goto nearest occurrence FORWARD * CTRL+SHIFT+F3: goto
nearest occurrence TOGGLE SEARCH OPTIONS (soft <-> strict) |

/Optional:/

--replace CTRL+F with SHIFT+F3
keys.cf = keys.sf3

|Check https://github.com/gabdub/ta-tweaks for a how-to install. |