Re: [code] see lexer defined background colors in caret line

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 08:50:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, docmorchel . wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I use a lexer, that defines background colours as part of the style for
> certain tokens. I would like to see these background colours also while
> writing text. However the background colour of caret line seems to have
> precedence.
>
> One of my attempts was to remove the background colour of the caret line by
> setting buffer.caret_line_visible to false which didn't show any effect,
> but anyway I would prefer to find a solution that keeps the background
> colour of the caret line and shows the background colour of the defined
> styles.

Unfortunately, Scintilla (Textadept's editing component) does not support
this. The caret line always takes precedence. To remove it, ensure you're
setting `buffer.caret_line_visible = false` in your
`~/.textadept/properties.lua`, which will apply the setting to all
buffers. If you set it in `~/.textadept/init.lua`, then your setting would
apply only to the initial buffer and not subsequent ones.