Re: [code] textadept 8.4 (latest) segfaults on save

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:13:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi Martin,

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015, Martin \"eto\" Misuth wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after latest update of my Linux OS, I am getting instant segfaults on save.
> I am using linux binary from official site.
>
> Any hints how to debug this?

Sorry to hear :( Try starting with a clean ~/.textadept/ folder (make a
backup just in case) and see if that clears things up. If so, something
there (a module perhaps) is to blame. Otherwise, download a nightly build,
which has debugging symbols, and run `gdb ./textadept` (you may need to
install gdb), and when the crash happens, type `bt` to get a backtrace.
Send that output to me and I can help you out.