Re: [code] textadept-curses behavior via ssh in Windows cmd.exe console

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 23:20:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi Carl,

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I notice that arrow keys and mouse don't work with the windows console
> running the OpenSSH version of ssh to a remote linux machine with
> textadept-curses running remotely in the terminal. Nor does that work in
> a Cygwin terminal running Cygwin's ssh. But it does work running ssh
> from Git Bash.
>
> So presumably this is to do with the terminal and the ssh executable
> used. Can anyone shed more light on this? Is there a nice way to run ssh
> from a regular windows cmd.exe console so this works?
>
> I'd like to stop using emacs -nw to do this, which incidentally works
> (apart from the mouse).

Different terminals have different ways of sending keypress and mouse
button press events. It appears you are experiencing this first-hand. The
terminal version of Textadept on Linux expects xterm-style sequences,
which the Windows command prompt and Cygwin do not emit, but git bash
does.

I doubt you'll be able to run Textadept in the configuration you describe
unless you can somehow intercept the key sequences and help me patch
Textadept to recognize them. (I wouldn't know how to intercept them.)