[code] Re: [textadept] run external app from editor

From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten.att.thorstenkampe.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:52:16 +0100

* Mitchell (Sun, 27 Dec 2015 14:58:25 -0500 (EST))
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2015, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > I would like to be able to run two external commands from within
> > the editor:
> >
> > 1. `runscript` with the argument of the filename in the current
> > buffer. This should be possible for all file types - as runscript is
> > a wrapping extension to interpreter. Output of `runscript` should go
> > into a buffer of Textadept.
>
> You can put something like this in your ~/.textadept/init.lua:
> [...]

Thanks, that works beautifully.

Just a few related questions:

- is it possible to reload init.lua from within the editor without
closing and reopening Textadept?

- is there a function to return the word under the cursor? (so I
don't have to select text I search for)

- is it possible to force Textadept to open only a single instance
and to open all files in new tabs/buffers? (When I drag and drop
multiple files to the editor, they all open in tabs...)

Cheers, Thorsten