Re: [code] Re: [textadept] run external app from editor

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 17:30:53 +0100

Am 28/12/15 um 17:22 schrieb Mitchell:
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2015, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>> Just a few related questions:
>>
>> - is it possible to reload init.lua from within the editor without
>> closing and reopening Textadept?
>
> Sure. Open the command entry, type "reset()"[1] (no quotes), and press
> Enter.

You can also assign a short cut to do this, I have 'F9' bound to save
the current file and call reset:

-- Save file and reset Lua state: `F9`
keys['f9'] = function()
  io.save_file()
  reset()
end

>> - is it possible to force Textadept to open only a single instance
>> and to open all files in new tabs/buffers? (When I drag and drop
>> multiple files to the editor, they all open in tabs...)
>
> It depends on what platform you're on. The manual should help you with
> this[2].

On Windows you might be able to have a script wrapping the launch of
Textadept, though I have never tried this.