Re: [code] Re: [textadept] run external app from editor

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 23:18:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi Carl,

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

> On 12/28/2015 10:22 AM, Mitchell wrote:
>>> - is it possible to force Textadept to open only a single instance
>>> and to open all files in new tabs/buffers? (When I drag and drop
>>> multiple files to the editor, they all open in tabs...)
>>
>> It depends on what platform you're on. The manual should help you with
>> this[2].
>
> On Windows apparently not. It might be interesting to fix this. What is
> the thinking behind the present state of affairs?

GTK (Textadept's GUI toolkit) takes care of detecting whether or not an
application is open and communicating with it via a technology called DBus
that apparently does not work on Windows (at least for GTK 2.24). I'd have
to write my own method for detecting and communicating with an open
process, which would be difficult for me to do on Windows. I'm open to
patch though.