Re: [code] Your uses of Textadept?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 16:08:54 -0500 (EST)

Hi Martin,

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015, docmorchel . wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> [snip]
>
> My question to you is: What are you using it
> for apart from using it as a programming editor? Please comment!

Thanks for starting this topic!

I use Textadept when taking notes, creating outlines, writing proposals,
viewing downloaded source code from a web browser or e-mail client -- all
the usual text-related non-programming activities.

Also, if I'm ever in need of Lua or Textadept API documentation (e.g. for
answering mailing list e-mails), instead of opening a web browser and
retrieving documentation from the Lua or Textadept manuals, I find it's
usually faster to start Textadept, switch to Lua mode, type the name of
the function I'm interested in, and show its documentation in a call tip.