Re: [code] [textadept] 'Find' with Lua patterns does not support UTF-8

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 00:54:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi Constantine,

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016, Constantine Bytensky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I figured out that Lua patterns in find dialog does not support UTF-8
> symbols (I use Cyrillic).
>
> I tried to fix this and found this project: https://github.com/starwing/luautf8
>
> So I replaced src/lua/src/lutf8lib.c and added src/lua/src/unidata.h
> using files obtained from project. Also I modified
> modules/textadept/find.lua as in patch below.
>
> After that I got Cyrillic Lua patterns in find dialog working.
>
> I'm new on Textadept and Lua. Is there better way to add UTF-8 support
> to Find with Lua patterns?
>
> [snip]

Thanks for your e-mail! Since Lua's string operations do not support UTF-8
very well, an external library like the one you found is needed. I'll
check it out and see if it's worth integrating into Textadept natively.
For now you may consider putting your patch and other information on the
wiki for others to benefit from.