Re: [code] contribution

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 18:04:51 +0100

Hi Michael,

Am 10/01/16 um 17:52 schrieb Michael:
> Hi
> I would appreciate some pointers to the following information
> 1) Module contribution workflow

There is no fixed workflow, people usually just announce their modules
here and put them on Github, Bitbucket or (if it's smaller) directly on
the Textadept wiki.

> 2) How to submit feature / issue request

Feature requests and issues are just discussed on this mailing list.

> 3) module packaging guidelines (i.e. version, licensing , distribution
> mechanism)

There are no guidelines, most is licensed as MIT (same as Textadept).
There are some efforts underway to bring some package management to
Textadept, so that might change that.

> I guess that if there is a github repository for textadept then items 1 & 2
> should be automatically partially answered.

I maintain a Github mirror but the official Mercurial repo is at
http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/