Re: [code] The hopeful return

From: <code.att.baez.nyc>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:16:45 -0500

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016, at 12:34 PM, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi,

> as for the MoonScript lexer I think it would be great to have this
> part of Textadept, but is that a typo?

> https://github.com/abaez/ta-lexers/blob/master/moonscript.lua#L130

Yes it is! This is precisely why the need for one lexer repository is
required… I updated it on the ta-moonscript[1] version, but not on *ta-
lexer*. *sigh*

> Also there is the recently updated lexer by MoonScript’s author
> himself

> https://github.com/leafo/moonscript-textadept/blob/master/lexers/moonscript.moon

> Alejandro, can you maybe coordinate with him to have one definite
> version? I think there are a few minor differences, e.g. with classes.

Completely agree. It’s why I wrote to him about it[2] a few weeks ago. I
was going to do a merge of my work on his, but the differences are not
just the lexer itself but the modulation of Moonscript. I still may just
put them together, but that’s for another time. Anyway, the important
piece here is the lexer. I updated my lexer version to be more entwined
with what he wrote then. Right now they are about the same with the only
real difference being Leaf wrote it through Moonscript and I wrote mine
through Lua.

The difference on the lexer you saw again is my mistake for using an
earlier version of the lexer and not the copy in ta-moonscript[3]. I
have now updated the mess that was before[4]. Should really only keep
the lexers under *ta-lexer*…

Links:

  1. https://bitbucket.org/a_baez/ta-moonscript
  2. https://twitter.com/moonscript/status/681718255409590272