Re: [code] The hopeful return

From: <code.att.baez.nyc>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:26:26 -0500

Hi Mitchell,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 11:20 PM, Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Alejandro,

> What is pico-8? What is its file extension?

Glad you asked and sorry for not being more detailed about it. pico-8[1]
is something like a virtual console. The games written on it are written
entirely* in lua. The *console* can be very useful in understanding
development with limited hardware (or in this case, virtual hardware)
specifications.

Anyway, the file extension associated with *pico-8* is p8. As an added
bonus, you can see a couple of file extensions[2]‘ bindings I have made
for my own Textadept run. They may help in figuring some of the extra
ones I add. I’ll keep the file extension in note, next time I give you a
list of lexers to kindly add. :)

Links:

  1. http://www.lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php
  2. https://bitbucket.org/a_baez/ta-userhome/src/6fa67ce1efe102dcf8430e73784c718d64b51cb5/extensions.lua?fileviewer=file-view-default