Re: [code] [textadept] osx_env.sh and spawn environment

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 00:02:38 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

Am 17/01/16 um 21:59 schrieb Mitchell:
>> I think the change in lspawn around Textadept 8.2 broke the handling of
>> the path on OS X through the osx_en.sh script. In 8.1 it still works.
>
> How are you calling `spawn()`? Textadept 8.3's `spawn()` allows an
> optional parameter for specifying an environment (which may overwrite any
> PATH in `osx_env.sh`).

I think the problem is that spawn is not inheriting the environment
variables set in osx_env.sh.

If I run os.execute("python --version > ~/test.txt") I get the Python
version I installed in /usr/local/bin, with `spawn` (through the run
command) I get the OS X default Python /usr/bin. (Tested in 8.5)

>> With this change, maybe a better way could be to handle the path without
>> such a script, but by setting a default path as a Lua global?
>
> Yes, that may work better, but first let's figure out what's going wrong.

Agreed :-)