Re: [code] Autoclosure of XML and HTML tags

From: Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:43:56 +1000

*sigh*

I have again run into my main problem with Textadept - I don't know what to
put where. I'd love to be able to drop a directory into ~/.textadept and
have the "plugin" functionality just work.

I have tried copying files from Hackerpilot's git repository, as mentioned
earlier in this thread, but get the following errors when I open an XML
file:

/home/rdickens/.textadept/modules/xml/init.lua:20: table index is nil
/home/rdickens/.textadept/modules/xml/init.lua:20: table index is nil

Let me detail the steps I used to *add* the autoclosure of XML tags, as per
Hackerpilot's modules.

1. Cloned the git repo to a temporary directory.
2. Added as line 1 to ~/.textadept/init/lua:
  local common = require 'common'
3. Copied 'modules/xml' directory to ~/.textadept/modules/
4. Copied 'modules/common/init.lua' to ~/.textadept/modules/common
5. Copied 'modules/common/xml.lua' to ~/.textadept/modules/common

I did all this on Fedora 22 (64-bit).