Re: [code] Autoclosure of XML and HTML tags

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:40:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi Russell,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Russell Dickenson wrote:

> *sigh*
>
> I have again run into my main problem with Textadept - I don't know what to
> put where. I'd love to be able to drop a directory into ~/.textadept and
> have the "plugin" functionality just work.
>
> I have tried copying files from Hackerpilot's git repository, as mentioned
> earlier in this thread, but get the following errors when I open an XML
> file:
>
> /home/rdickens/.textadept/modules/xml/init.lua:20: table index is nil
> /home/rdickens/.textadept/modules/xml/init.lua:20: table index is nil

Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble :( Perhaps Textadept's
module system needs to be looked at again. Your idea of just dropping in a
directory and having it just work sounds ideal!

Regarding your error, please remove lines 18-20 in "modules/xml/init.lua":

     [keys.LANGUAGE_MODULE_PREFIX] = {
         m = {io.open_file, ...}
     },

`keys.LANGUAGE_MODULE_PREFIX` was removed a while ago.

Hopefully this will help get you closer to something that works.

As always, thanks so much for your patience :)