Re: [code] Autoclosure of XML and HTML tags

From: Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:06:17 +1000

Mitchell,

Yay! Thank you. As you'd suggested, removing just those 2 lines from
"modules/xml/init.lua"
resolved my problem.

I have successfully made *minor* changes to the associated key bindings so
that I get the behaviour I want.

As for the idea of drop-in "extensions", that would be my ideal. As it is,
you need to manually edit and heavily comment common files such as
"init.lua" if you're taking code from several Textadept "extensions".

On 26 January 2016 at 13:40, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Russell,
>
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Russell Dickenson wrote:
>
> *sigh*
>>
>> I have again run into my main problem with Textadept - I don't know what
>> put where. I'd love to be able to drop a directory into ~/.textadept and
>> have the "plugin" functionality just work.
>>
>> I have tried copying files from Hackerpilot's git repository, as mentioned
>> earlier in this thread, but get the following errors when I open an XML
>> file:
>>
>> /home/rdickens/.textadept/modules/xml/init.lua:20: table index is nil
>> /home/rdickens/.textadept/modules/xml/init.lua:20: table index is nil
>>

> Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble :( Perhaps Textadept's
> module system needs to be looked at again. Your idea of just dropping in a
> directory and having it just work sounds ideal!
>
> Regarding your error, please remove lines 18-20 in "modules/xml/init.lua":
>
> [keys.LANGUAGE_MODULE_PREFIX] = {
> m = {io.open_file, ...}
> },
>
> `keys.LANGUAGE_MODULE_PREFIX` was removed a while ago.
>
> Hopefully this will help get you closer to something that works.
>
> As always, thanks so much for your patience :)

‚ÄčThat was my line! I've been following Textadept's development but using it
intermittently for many years. You have always been patient, even in the
face of my ignorance. Thank you.