Re: [code] The hopeful return

From: <code.att.baez.nyc>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 13:52:12 -0500

Hey Mitchell,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016, at 09:02 AM, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>

> This was posted to the Lua mailing list recently:
>
> http://leafo.net/guides/customizing-the-luarocks-tree.html
>
> Since it deals with installing LuaRocks locally, it may be of help.

Yes. I actually read the post, hoping for more internal secrets. However
I found multiple ways to deal with the local issue that don't involve
doing this step... well, doing the step for users anyway. One of them is
simple really. You only append to the `~/.luarocks/config.lua` file with
`_USERHOME/luarocks` path. Then you have **luarocks.path** read from
that new location as root. That way it reads the modules located on the
new custom local path and takes precedence with the custom root of the
installs.