Re: [code] Using the "term" theme in the GTK version

From: Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer <markus.att.oberhumer.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 12:57:36 +0100

Hi Robert,

On 2016-01-31 13:27, Robert Gieseke wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Am 31/01/16 um 12:50 schrieb Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer:
>> I would like to use the very same color scheme in the Curses and GTK
>> version.
>>
>> But naively using the "term" theme gives very strange results - it
>> enables a proportional font (??) and the colors seem completely
>> wrong.
>>
>> Any hints?
>

> the Curses theme is using your terminal emulator's theme, which is why
> the ui.set_theme is usually wrapped like
>
> if not CURSES then ui.set_theme(...) end

please note that I want to use the 'term' theme in the GTK version.

Did you ever try

  if not CURSES then
    ui.set_theme('term', {font='Deja Vu Sans Mono', fontsize=13})
  end

in your GTK version?

> You could try using one of the base16-themes for Textadept[1], there are
> also variants for various terminals[2], so you could try using one of
> these in your terminal emulator.
>
> Not sure whether this would give you the exact same colors for all
> styles though.

Many thanks for the links, I'll have a look.

BTW, are there any other tools/repos for textadept themes
(Monokai, converting from TextMate, Sublime, Atom, etc.) ?

Thanks,
Markus

--
Markus Oberhumer, <markus@oberhumer.com>, http://www.oberhumer.com/