Re: [code] building from source

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:29:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016, Martin \"eto\" Misuth wrote:

> Hello
>
> so after some time, I decided to give textadpet bulding a try.
> I remember it used to be pretty complicated, fetching all the deps.
> I am trying this on Linux.
>
> From reading Makefile it seems like there is deps target now.
>
> I issued `make deps`, which fetched almost all the deps correctly, however I
> got this error:
> [snip]
> => Makefile:445: recipe for target 'cdk' failed
> => make: *** [cdk] Error 1
>
> Subsequent `make` builds normal GTK textadept and jit versions just fine but, I
> guess due to cdk patch failing, CLI version is not built.
>
> Personally that is not a problem for me, but I would like to know if CDK build
> part is broken?
>
> Or it's something on my machine?

It looks like CDK just had a release yesterday 31 January. Their changes
have caused Textadept's patch to fail applying. I wish the cdk site would
version their downloads so these silent breaks wouldn't happen.

You can remove gen-slider.c and try running `make deps` again. It should
not try patching cdk again. Then you should be able to build Textadept.

I will update the cdk patch in the next nightly or two.