Re: [code] RFC: Introduce ui.tabs_always setting.

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 23:19:25 +0100

Hi,

Am 01/02/16 um 17:44 schrieb Robert Gieseke:
> Am 01.02.2016 um 17:36 schrieb Giovanni Salmeri <g.salmeri.att.mondodomani.org>:
>
>>> Just to clarify any confusion: if the community prefers to always
>>> have at least one tab showing *when `ui.tabs` is true*, then I'll
>>> make it so.
>>
>> For what it's worth my opinion, I am against it: one tab alone carries
>> no information, and not showing it (like now) reduces the clutter and
>> increases the space available for the text. Just my 2 cents...
>>
> At least it carries the information that one ist using tabs mode.

I think the best solution would be to make "at least one tab" the new
default *and* have a Lua-based script to switch to "no tabs" if only one
tab/buffer is shown, toggling back to show tabs as a second buffer is
created. That way, no new user setting needs to be introduced and
clutter can be kept to a minimum for those who want it (I do, too) ...

I'm happy to write that script unless someone wants to give this a shot ...