Re: [code] menukey keyboard context menu attempt

From: Martin \ <et.code.att.ethome.sk>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 07:30:06 +0100

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:09:14 -0500 (EST)
Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the patch. I'll see if I can work in something similar that may
> solve the bottom of the screen issue. However, I cannot promise it will be
> applied. Regardless, I am impressed and happy to see you've been able to
> accommodate the menu key on your own :)

Understood, I do fully realize it's probably not up to TA standard. I am
starting to understand rationale behind texadept.c which is probably line-count
and size.

Later this evening I also noticed it's overriding bottom "search dialog" so it
will need to be adapted.

Thinking about it, it would be great if modules could pop ctx.menu on their own
(per view context menu at least), and by also keybind, whole thing should
probably emit API catchable events (pre/post pop?) too.

That is suddenly lot more complicated than I thought.

As this is "usable" enough for me right now, I am keeping current iteration,
but I am definitely interested in development in this area.

  eto