Re: [code] Opening remote files in textadept`

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 22:50:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Milind,

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016, Milind Gupta wrote:

> Hi,
> I just started using textadept. I was wondering if there is any module
> that can allow me to open remote files through SFTP and work on them
> directly?

You'll have to use a service that mounts remote drives locally, as
Textadept has no built-in networking capabilities. If you are on Linux,
Fuse[1] may be helpful (perhaps via SSHFS[2]). I'd imagine similar tools
are available on other platforms as well.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSHFS