Re: [code] [textadept] 'Find' with Lua patterns does not support UTF-8

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:36:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi Constantine,

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016, Constantine Bytensky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I figured out that Lua patterns in find dialog does not support UTF-8
> symbols (I use Cyrillic).
>
> I tried to fix this and found this project: https://github.com/starwing/luautf8
>
> So I replaced src/lua/src/lutf8lib.c and added src/lua/src/unidata.h
> using files obtained from project. Also I modified
> modules/textadept/find.lua as in patch below.
>
> [snip]

I had some time to experiment with luautf8, but I'm a bit uneasy building
it into Textadept at this time. However, I committed a change[1] that does
not assume 1-byte character widths in Lua pattern searches. You should now
be able to replace `string.find` with `utf8.find` (via
`~/.textadept/init.lua` or the command entry) and benefit from UTF-8
pattern searches without the need to patch Textadept's `find.lua`.

Cheers,
Mitchell

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/a2ab753e8bd1

-- 
You are subscribed to code.att.foicica.com.
To change subscription settings, send an e-mail to code+help.att.foicica.com.
To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to code+unsubscribe.att.foicica.com.
Received on Thu 11 Feb 2016 - 09:36:32 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Fri 12 Feb 2016 - 06:44:03 EST