[code] [textadept]An easy way to define new editing modes that are derived from pre-existing ones

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 08:10:55 +0100

Hi,

I have been trying to find out a mode to extend the Python mode to use it
for providing unit test files for the scapy project. Currently, I can make
textdept switch on the Python mode when writing these .uts files and avoid
all the Python checks when saving them.

However, they have some special characters to define test batch names, test
names, activate keywords, etc, etc. Taking those into account was a couple
of lines in Emacs and I thought it might be cool if there was an easy way
(i.e. not replicating the Python LPeg and working on that) since that might
be a feature that may not be interesting for other people and that I would
rather place in my .textadept somewhere and not in the distro

Best, /PA

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Gerog Kreisler