[code] [textadept] Changing The Syntax Checker Command

From: Jason Schindler <jschind.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 15:07:23 -0600

I really have 2 questions.

1 - Primarily, my JavaScript projects have been slowly moving to ESLint
from JSHint. When everything was JSHint, the built-in syntax checker was
nice to have. Now, it can get in the way. What I would like to do is
change it to eslint. I tried the following:

textadept.run.syntax_commands.javascript = 'eslint "%f"'

What I can't determine is how to tell TA to interpret the output. It is
formatted differently than the jshint output and I imagine that is why no
errors are being reported.

2 - What would be ultimately be ideal (at least for my JavaScript projects)
would be configuring a function that returns a command for syntax checking
so that it could potentially be different for each buffer. It could check
the project root/package.json for JSHint / JSLint / ESLint settings and
return the appropriate command based on what is found. Is there a way to
do that currently?

Thanks!

-Jason