Re: [code] [textadept] changing text color in message buffer

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 22:43:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jay,

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, Jay Young wrote:

> I'm curious if it's possible to change the color of the result text in the message buffer?
> I don't want to change the color of the lines that start with the greater than sign, but just the results in-between those.
>
>> sh "test.sh"
> result... <-- Only change this color
>> exit status: 0

It's certainly not straightforward, but you can:

1. Connect to `events.RUN_OUTPUT` with an index of 1 (in order to override
the default functionality).
2. `ui.print()` the output given.
3. Define the style you want to use via `buffer.style_*[]`.
4. Determine what was printed and then do the styling via
`buffer:start_styling()` and `buffer:set_styling()`.

If you have the Textadept Quick Reference, the section "Manually Style
Text" will be of help.