[code] Re: Turning off syntax highlighting/theme

From: Arnel <jalespring.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:13:08 +0800

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 18:53:18 +0100, Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de> wrote:
> Hi Arnel,
>
> one way, you could create your own no frills monochrome theme based on
> an existing theme ... see base16-greenscreen-{light,dark}[1] for an example.
>
> Cheers,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

Funny you should mention that - what led me to ask this was an ongoing one-man
experiment to see how disabling syntax highlighting would affect his
programming:

https://www.robertmelton.com/2016/03/13/syntax-highlighting-off/

He eventually created a Vim theme he calls "No Frils" (deliberately misspelled,
I guess). I'll probably go that route, too, since I want to retain ui.set_theme
()'s ability to set the font size.

Thanks Robert and Mitchell for the help.

> [1] https://github.com/rgieseke/textadept-themes
>
> Am 13/03/16 um 15:24 schrieb Arnel:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to turn off syntax highlighting or the theme without editing
> > 'ui.lua'?
> >
> > If I comment out the 'ui.set_theme()' line in my 'init.lua' it will revert to
> > the default theme which is 'light.lua.' If I'm not mistaken, the only other
> > option is to somehow "disable" the buffer properties set in the theme you are
> > currently using (setting their values to nil, maybe?).
> >
> > It doesn't appear to have been discussed in the mailing list archives, so I'd
> > appreciate some pointers. Thanks in advance.
> >

> > ----
> > Thank you,
> > Arnel

----